2018 – One Month English Study
& Outdoor Adventure Program
Save 20% if you register before December 31st, 2017
- 25 hours of English instruction per week
- Accommodation in Canadian home (not including food)
- Activities & Field Trips (Every Tuesday and Friday/Saturday) *See list below
- Classroom materials
- Airport pickup from Kamloops, BC
- Registration fee, accommodation placement fee, materials fee are included
Register before December 31, 2017:
1 Month Intensive English Study & Adventure Program = $2000 (CAD)
Register after December 31, 2017:
1 Month Intensive English Study & Adventure Program = $2500 (CAD)
Register Early – limited spots available
Subject to sufficient enrollment
Activities included in program:
-Trip to Jasper National Park (Maligne canyon, Pyramid lake, Edith Cavell)
-Overnight hiking/camping trip to Kinney Lake – Mt. Robson Provincial Park
-River Safari boat trip
-Willow Ranch horseback riding
-Biking to Small River wildlife watching tour
-Salmon Viewing in Fraser River
-Valemount, BC Museum trip
-Berry and/or mushroom picking
-Brewer Tour – Three Ranges Brewery
-Bear Aware course
-Painting and photography workshops
-Trip to farm
-Bicycle to use while you are attending RMEC
Please see photos from last year’s program at: https://goo.gl/photos/LjoscFedxEhBxME26
Our program is designed for intermediate level students (CLB 3 to CLB 6). To find out which level you are at, go to “Your level of English” on the registration form page.
1 Month Program: July or August
- July 2018: Monday, July 2nd to Friday, July 27th
- August 2018: Monday, August 6th to Friday August 31st
RMEC Registration Process
1. Submit online registration form
- Check class availability for the months you would like to attend.
- Please provide as much information as possible.
- If you have any questions, please email us.
2. We will send you an English level quiz and student information package
The English level quiz will help us determine your English language level.
The student information package will describe everything you need to know about attending RMEC including:
- how to apply for a visa
- travel options to Valemount
- what to bring with you (i.e. outdoor clothing, good footwear, etc)
- ways to prepare for studying English
- information about your home-stay or other accommodation
3. Pay for the program and accommodation
Once we confirm your registration, we will send you a bill for the program and accommodation. You can pay by wire transfer, electronic bank transfer, or credit card. After you pay, we will send you a Letter of Acceptance and Official Receipt that you can use to apply for a visitor visa.
4. Obtain travel documents to allow you to visit Canada
You DO NOT require a study permit to attend RMEC.
You do not require a visa if you are from a visa-exempt country.
You can attend RMEC with any of the following visas:
- Working Holiday visa
- Temporary Resident visa (Visitor visa)
- Work Permit
- Permanent Resident card
- Canadian Citizen
5. Arrive in Valemount
Begin the adventure of speaking English, exploring Canada, and making new friends! We are happy to meet you at the bus or train station and give you a free ride to your chosen accommodation.
Please tell us when you will arrive so that we can personally welcome you to Valemount!