2017 – English & Outdoor Recreation Program
Save 20% if you register before March 31st, 2017
- 25 hours of English instruction per week
- Activities after class on Wednesday
- Weekly trip on Friday and/or Saturday
- Classroom materials
- Transportation in school van
- Bicycle to use while attending RMEC
- Outdoor camping gear and sports equipment to borrow
- Registration fee, accommodation placement fee, materials fee, and pick-up fee all included
Register before March 31, 2017:
2 Month Program = $2600 (CAD)
4 Month Program = $4400 (CAD)
Register after March 31, 2017:
2 Month Program = $3120 (CAD)
4 Month Program = $5280 (CAD)
Register Early – limited spots available
Study for 2 months or 4 months
- May & June 2017: not open
- July & August 2017: open
- May, June, July & August 2017: not open
RMEC Registration Process
1. Submit online registration form
- Check class availability for the months you would like to attend.
- Please provide as much information as possible.
- If you have any questions, please email us.
2. We will send you an English level quiz and student information package
The English level quiz will help us determine your English language level.
The student information package will describe everything you need to know about attending RMEC including:
- how to apply for a visa
- travel options to Valemount
- what to bring with you (i.e. outdoor clothing, good footwear, etc)
- ways to prepare for studying English
- information about your home-stay or other accommodation
3. Pay for the program and accommodation
Once we confirm your registration, we will send you a bill for the program and accommodation. You can pay by wire transfer, electronic bank transfer, or credit card. After you pay, we will send you a Letter of Acceptance and Official Receipt that you can use to apply for a visitor visa.
4. Obtain travel documents to allow you to visit Canada
You DO NOT require a study permit to attend RMEC.
You do not require a visa if you are from a visa-exempt country.
You can attend RMEC with any of the following visas:
- Working Holiday visa
- Temporary Resident visa (Visitor visa)
- Work Permit
- Permanent Resident card
- Canadian Citizen
5. Arrive in Valemount
Begin the adventure of speaking English, exploring Canada, and making new friends! We are happy to meet you at the bus or train station and give you a free ride to your chosen accommodation.
Please tell us when you will arrive so that we can personally welcome you to Valemount!